Janazah (funeral) services can be arranged through the Masjid. Jame' Masjid has a dedicated building for the washing and storage of the deceased and can help in the following areas:
- Releasing the body from the mortuary/hospital.
- Arrangements of burial at the graveyard
- Perform the Ghusl (with provision of the necessary materials)
- Provision of Kafn (shroud for the deceased)
- Provision of coffin.
- Transportation of the body to the graveyard
- Janazah Salaah and Burial service
Alternatively, you can contact the Muslim Burial Council of Leicester (MBCOL) who co-ordinate with all Mosques in the Leicestershire area to meet the needs of the community relating to funeral needs and requirements.
MBCOL have an extensive range of information on their website: http://www.mbcol.org.uk/
Following are some articles which may be of interest:
- When Death Occurs
- H. M Coroner and Post Mortem
- How to Register a Death and Book a Burial
- MBCOL Out of Hours Funeral Procedure
Following are MBCOL’s contact details:
1a Moat Road, Leicester, LE5 5EF
Tel: 0116 273 0141 – Office Hours: Mon – Fri (9:00am – 4:30pm)
Out Of Hours Funeral Co-ordinator Contact No: 07803 240 493